Get Involved! National Recovery Month
Each of the centers is celebrating patients in a variety of fun ways that recognizes patients for their achievements in recovery. The treatment center teams enjoyed planning a unique patient event by decorating their facility, serving food, raffling prizes, hosting fun activities and inviting guest speakers.
“Recovery is real. It happens every day,” wrote SAMHSA, the U.S. agency charged with managing substance abuse and mental health. “Millions of people are in recovery, sharing hope, help and support. However, many more are still in need of treatment and recovery services.”
We at New Season agree. Join us in sharing inspirational messages that may serve as a glimmer of hope to those recovering from opioid use disorder.
Here’s a top 5 list of activities we’ve curated in recognition of National Recovery Month.
Top 5 National Recovery Month Activities
1. Watch the TV ad, “Voices for Recovery,” that delivers real words of encouragement from individuals in recovery to those seeking help; or view another television ad, “r is for Recovery,” that helps build and support a community of hope—portraying recovery as a point of pride.
2. Check out the collection of personal recovery stories on YouTube that offers hours of candid accounts from real-life survivors.
3. Browse through the writings of professional addiction counselors, like this compelling column, that notes substance abuse disorder may not be “cured,” but it is possible to recover.
4. Share your own personal story of triumph to inspire and educate others.
5. Comment below with what you’re doing to celebrate National Recovery Month; we’d love to hear from you!