Opioid Addiction: 10 Straight-Up Facts
Data tells us that everyone knows someone who is misusing prescription painkillers or abusing heroin. The reach is wide. The stats are alarming. The effects are devastating.
Here are 10 fast facts that you should know right now about the opioid crisis in America.
- Every 11 minutes someone in America dies from the cycle of opioid addiction.
- A startling 134 people die everyday from opioid addiction.
- Opioid addiction and overdose has increased by 400% since 2000.
- Treatment with recovery medication is the most effective path to long-term recovery.
- The FDA-approved medications for treating opioid use disorder are methadone, naltrexone, and buprenorphine.
- More people stick with a treatment program when they use recovery medication.
- Recovery medications relieve the withdrawal symptoms and psychological cravings that cause chemical imbalances in the body.
- Recovery medications improve a person’s life: reduce criminal activity, decrease illicit opioid use, decrease fatal overdoses, and improve birth outcomes.
- There’s unbiased, credible, fact-based information on using medication-assisted treatment to overcome opioid addiction: https://app.propatient.com/visits/recognizing-and-recovering-from-opioid-use-disorder-keys-for-success-for-patients-and-families.
- 1.9 million people die waiting for access to opioid treatment. Don’t be one of them. Contact New Season today: 1-877-284-7074.